The laboratory of mycology was established in 2011 at the Fanar station. Its main objective is to carry out research studies on the diagnosis, epidemiology and management of fungal diseases of the major crops.
The laboratory collaborates with several local and international institutes and manages several research projects. Most projects focus on soil borne pathogens i.e. Verticillium, Fusarium, etc. and the genetic characterization of populations of pathogens, such as Alternaria spp., Botrytis cinerea, among others.
The laboratory functions also as a plant disease diagnostic clinic for the correct identification of the causal agents and encouraging the adoption of IPM for the management of diseases.
- Wassim Habib : Researcher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Elvis Gerges : Agriculture Engineer
- Carine Saab: Agriculture Engineer
- Habib, W., Nigro, F., Gerges, E., Jreijiri, F., Al Masri, Y., El Riachy, M.and Choueiri, E.(2016), Xylella fastidiosa does not occur in Lebanon.Journal of Phytopathology, 164: 395– 403. doi: 10.1111 / jph.12467
- Habib, W., Choueiri, E., Baroudy, F., Tabet, D., Gerges, E., Saab, C.and Nigro, F.(2017), Soil inoculum density of Verticillium dahliae and Verticillium wilt of olive in Lebanon. Annals of Applied Biology, 170: 150– 159. doi: 10.1111 / aab.12323
- Katerji N., C.Saab, E.Gerges, F.Baroudy, W.Habib, 2017. In vitro sensitivity of grapevine trunk pathogens to fungicides from Akkar.Abstracts book of XXIII LAAS– International Science Conference, Beirut, Lebanon, 6 - 7 April 2017, 95 - 96(Abstract).
- Habib W., F.Baroudy, K.D.Puri, E.Gerges, C.Saab, K.V.Subbarao, F.Nigro, 2018. Genetic diversity in Verticillium dahliae population from olive in Lebanon.XXI International Congress of Plant Pathology, Boston, MA, USA, 29 July - 3 August, 2018. P476(Abstract).
- Baroudy, F., Habib, W., Tanos, G., Gerges, E., Saab, C.Choueiri, E., and Nigro, F.(2018), Long distance spread of Verticillium dahliae through rivers and irrigation systems.Plant Disease, 102, 1559 - 1565. https: //doi.org/10.1094/PDIS-08-17-1189-RE
- Abi Tarabay, P., Chahine - Tsouvalakis H., Tohmé Tawk S., Nemer N., Habib W.(2018). Reduction of food losses in Lebanese apple through good harvesting and postharvest practices. Annals of Agricultural Sciences, 63, 2, 207 - 213.
- Baroudy F., Putman A., Habib W., Puri K., Subbarao K., Nigro F.(2019).Genetic Diversity of Verticillium dahliae Populations from Olive and Potato in Lebanon. Plant Disease, 103, 656 - 667. https: //doi.org/10.1094/PDIS-03-18-0420-RE